Ani Khojelani is a Senior Associate at BGI Legal. Her practice areas include commercial, administrative, criminal and human rights law.
Ani’s key work highlights:
- Advised the former Prime Minister of Georgia, as well as other members of the former government of Georgia, in disputes before the European Court of Human Rights.
- Represented the former President of Georgia before Interpol in the proceedings initiated by the Georgian prosecutor’s office which ended in Interpol refusing to issue a red notice for the ex-president.
- Advised multinational companies and commercial banks before national investigation authorities and courts of Georgia on issues related to cybercrime and fraudulent money transfer.
- Due diligence for the largest multi-jurisdictional M&A deals in Georgia’s recent history in energy, financial and beverage industries.
- Advised big tech companies in matters related to the provision of services on the local market, protection of IP, and identification and destruction of counterfeit goods.
- Advised a client in a dispute concerning the sale of the assets and business of one of the largest export companies in Georgia;
- Advised a client in a dispute concerning the unlawful reclassification of the designation of private property by the administrative authority.
- Advised a client in a dispute concerning matters under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
Ani has graduated from the Free University of Tbilisi (LL.B) and KU Leuven (LL.M) with great distinction. She is a member of the Georgian Bar Association and is admitted to practice civil, administrative and criminal law in Georgia.
Together with Georgian, Ani speaks English and Russian languages.
Zaza Bibilashvili is a highly respected corporate and disputes lawyer with significant practical experience in real estate transactions. Clients note his creativity and availability.
Legal director Unana Gogokhia focuses on financial transactions, and stands out for her experience of capital markets and derivatives. Clients appreciate her ability to "look at the issue very scrupulously and bring up points in the transaction that none of the other parties spotted." Sandro Bibilashvili is increasingly recognised in the market. He is involved in some of the firm's biggest project finance mandates and has recently been active working on energy projects. Counsel Tamara Tevdoradze enters the rankings on the back of positive praise. "She is very reliable, accurate and punctual, thinks in a very logical way and has very strong arguments," a client says