Salome Meladze is a junior associate at BGI Legal. Her responsibilities include conducting due diligence as well as representing clients in various proceedings before state bodies in Georgia. Salome has experience in assisting BGI litigation team in complex litigations, involving, inter alia, intellectual property law and construction law matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Salome worked at LPA Law Firm, where she specialized in general commercial and corporate law. Her professional experience also includes working at the Human Rights Centre of the Supreme Court of Georgia, where she prepared analysis of ECtHR case law.
Mrs. Meladze’s notable engagements include the following:
- Advised a global food & beverage giant in one of the largest multi-jurisdictional M&A deals in Georgia’s recent history;
- Represented a foreign company before the courts of Georgia in a complex dispute involving cancellation of domain names incorporating a trademark;
- Represented a foreign investor in defamation case before the courts of Georgia;
- Represented a foreign investor before a local municipality and the courts of Georgia in a dispute involving termination of the service contract;
- Represented a foreign investor before the courts of Georgia in a dispute arising out of the construction agreement;
- Represented local and foreign companies in various corporate registration proceedings before state bodies in Georgia; and
- Participated in various due diligence studies of local companies operating in different fields, including, inter alia, telecommunications, banking and insurance.
Salome graduated from LL.B programme of Free University of Tbilisi. During her student years, Salome has successfully participated in different international moot court competitions, including, Central and Eastern European Moot Court Competition (Warsaw, Poland) and Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (Washington DC, USA). Salome is also a finalist of International Humanitarian Law Moot Court organized by International Committee of the Red Cross (Kakheti, Georgia).
Together with her native Georgian, Salome is fluent in English and Russian languages.
BGI is one of Georgia's leading firms in all areas of corporate law and in energy and infrastructure has acted on key projects in the oil and gas, energy, transport infrastructure areas. Previous comments have included: "Very good law firm for this jurisdiction...very knowledgeable, they get the job done on time and on budget...they are very professional and good lawyers". Thanks for universal praise from competitors and clients alike, BGI sits comfortably in the top tier... BGI is client-focused and solution-oriented... [with] excellent local counsel, not just for Georgian standards, but by international standards... [A major international client says:] "In terms of local law firms... I have a strong preference for BGI."
The four-partner team at BGI Legal provides a ‘responsive, proactive and solution-oriented service to a wide range of international corporates both directly and on a referral basis from major international law firms; it has built a strong reputation acting for investors and lenders on many of the country s largest projects. The ‘excellent Lasha Gogiberidze has led the team s work in several major energy mandates, including advising an Asian investor on a hydropower project. Gogiberidze is also regularly involved in financing work, including inter-bank lending, regulatory lending (to comply with capital adequacy requirements) and capital markets work, where Unana Gogokhia is also establishing a strong reputation.
Zaza Bibilashvili is a highly respected corporate and disputes lawyer with significant practical experience in real estate transactions. Clients note his creativity and availability.