Lika Topuria is a Senior Associate at BGI Legal. She joined the firm as an Associate in 2014. Before BGI, Lika worked at BDO Georgia, where she was involved in major investment transactions, tax advisory services and legal due diligence studies.
Lika practices general commercial and corporate law, litigation and dispute resolution. Her primary practice areas include intellectual property, pharmaceutical law, IT and telecommunications, tax law, product safety and compliance, as well as employment law.
Some of her most notable engagements include:
- Represented a multinational confectionery giant in a complex legal battle concerning the protection of its intellectual property rights, winning landmark cases in IP law.
- Advised a leading biopharmaceutical company on issues related to manufacturing transition and modifications to a business model in Georgia.
- Advised the largest social media platform on matters related to launching and operating its localized version.
- Advised one of the Big-Five companies on regulatory issues of electronic communications and copyrights laws applicable for expanding radio broadcast services in Georgia.
- Advised one of the world’s leading digital travel and lodging platforms on taxation of its operations in Georgia.
- Advised a USA media-services provider and production company on taxation of streaming services.
- Advised a major multinational manufacturer of household care products on advertising rules and product safety and compliance.
- Advised one of the world’s leading digital travel and lodging platforms on the operation of whistleblowing schemes in Georgia.
- Advised clients on various employment matters, including termination of employment and redundancy.
- Advised a major foreign industrial vehicle manufacturing company on state procurement-related matters.
- Advised a major Dutch-based investment private equity fund on insolvency proceedings.
- Due diligence studies of local companies operating in telecommunications, energy, and financial sectors.
Lika received her first law degree (LL.B) with honors from Tbilisi State University in 2008, followed by an LL.M degree in Civil law from the same university in 2010.
In 2021 Lika graduated from the Brussels School of Governance in Belgium, Brussels, an alliance between the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel) and Vesalius College, earning her second LL.M Degree in International and European Law, with great distinction.
She is a member of the Georgian Bar Association and is admitted to practice civil, administrative, and criminal law in Georgia.
Together with her native Georgian, Lika is fluent in Russian and English.
"One of the leading firms in Georgia adept at both finance and corporate work". Client feedback: "Very good law firm for this jurisdiction. Strong knowledge." - Banking and finance, Restructuring and insolvency. Of Lasha Gogiberidze: "Good communication skills, responsive." Previous comments have included: "BGI Legal is one of the leading firms in Georgia adept at both finance and corporate work...Very good law firm for this jurisdiction...very knowledgeable, they get the job done on time and on budget". Lasha Gogiberidze is described as "prompt and quick to point out problems and pitfalls".
Zaza Bibilashvili is able to suggest winning strategies and is active across a range of contentious and non-contentious work, including real estate and intellectual property matters. Previous comments include: BGI Legal fields ‘a team of true professionals with good knowledge of law and a proper understanding of business needs`. It provides full-service support to leading multinational and Georgian clients, handling general legal matters alongside more complex financing, M&A, dispute resolution and capital markets mandates.