Tamara is a Partner with BGI Legal. She is part of the original team behind the formation of the firm in 2005. Prior to joining BGI Legal, Tamara worked for EY Law and GCG Law Office. Her areas of practice include real estate, secured transactions, property and land, employment, telecommunications, personal data protection, M&A, corporate registrations and incorporation.
A brief selection of her most recent representations includes the following:
- Participated in a USD 90 million privatization transaction of a major port and infrastructure facility with a view of establishment of a free industrial zone;
- Represented a US based major bank in a USD 25 million mezzanine loan financing of a leading US-Georgian real estate developer and operator;
- Represented a major Russian-based investment group in a consolidated acquisition of the largest Georgian gold and copper mining enterprise from the State and private owners;
- Advised a major Dutch based investment company on various legal issues, including acquisition of real estate in Georgia, establishment of local subsidiaries and loan structuring;
- Advised a major Israeli based distribution company in connection with setting up operations in Georgia, acquisition of real estate and employment issues;
- Advised a major Israeli investment company in relation to acquisition of local business, structuring of the transaction, acquisition of real estate, execution of a joint venture agreement with local partners;
- Advised a large Dutch based real estate development company in relation to the acquisition of real estate in Georgia;
- Advised IFC on the pending East West Highway concession project;
- Acted as a special counsel for a major Cyprus based company in connection with mortgage of marine vessels registered in Georgia;
- Advised a large oil company in connection with the negotiation and execution of a HGA with the government of Georgia;
- Advised a large oil company on various legislative and regulatory issues (including environmental regulations);
- Advised one of the largest international Jewish charities regarding its operations in Georgia;
- Participated in drafting and negotiating contractual documentation in a strategic infrastructure development project (Build, Operate and Transfer Contract for Tbilisi International Airport);
- Assisted the Embassies of United Kingdom, France, Israel, the Netherlands and the mission of the World Bank in Georgia in various land and real estate-related transactions, valued up to USD 10 million;
- Represented a major international pharmaceutical company in settling a collective labor dispute, involving approximately USD 5 million material value;
- Advised a major Dutch software company on its entry onto the Georgian market;
- Advised a major Dutch-based company on the implementation of a multi-million investment in the Georgian real estate project, including negotiations with the local self-governance bodies and announcement of competition;
- Advised a major US based software company on various issues related to protection of personal data.
Tamara has received her first legal degree with highest honors from the Department of International Law and International Relations at Tbilisi State University (TSU) in 1999, followed by LL.M. degree in International Business Law from Central European University (CEU) in 2001. In May 2020 Tamara graduated from New York University School of Law (NY, USA), earning her second LL.M. degree.
Tamara has been a member of Georgian bar since 2004. She has also successfully passed the New York State bar examination and is qualified to practice law in the state of New York, USA.
Tamara is fluent in English, German and Russian, with basic knowledge of Spanish and French.
Lasha Gogiberidze maintains an excellent reputation for his expertise in capital markets and project finance, handling some of the market's most prominent lending transactions. Clients highlight him as an "open-minded" practitioner who "always comes up with a good solution" and provides advice which is "straight to the point and concise." Zaza Bibilashvili has experience of handling some of the biggest mandates in the market, most recently advising on substantial real estate projects. He is also a noted practitioner in the dispute resolution arena.
Legal director Unana Gogokhia focuses on financial transactions, and stands out for her experience of capital markets and derivatives. Clients appreciate her ability to "look at the issue very scrupulously and bring up points in the transaction that none of the other parties spotted." Sandro Bibilashvili is increasingly recognised in the market. He is involved in some of the firm's biggest project finance mandates and has recently been active working on energy projects. Counsel Tamara Tevdoradze enters the rankings on the back of positive praise. "She is very reliable, accurate and punctual, thinks in a very logical way and has very strong arguments," a client says
Zaza Bibilashvili is able to suggest winning strategies and is active across a range of contentious and non-contentious work, including real estate and intellectual property matters. Previous comments include: BGI Legal fields ‘a team of true professionals with good knowledge of law and a proper understanding of business needs`. It provides full-service support to leading multinational and Georgian clients, handling general legal matters alongside more complex financing, M&A, dispute resolution and capital markets mandates.