Tamara is the Director with BGI Legal. Prior to joining the firm, Tamara worked for Ernst & Young Legal and GCG Law Office. Her areas of practice include real estate, secured transactions, property and land, employment, telecommunications, intellectual property, personal data protection, M&A, corporate registrations and incorporation.
A brief selection of her most recent representations includes the following:
- Participated in a USD 90 million privatization transaction of a major port and infrastructure facility with a view of establishment of a free industrial zone;
- Represented a US based major bank in a USD 25 million mezzanine loan financing of a leading US-Georgian real estate developer and operator;
- Represented a major Russian-based investment group in a consolidated acquisition of the largest Georgian gold and copper mining enterprise from the State and private owners;
- Advised a major Dutch based investment company on various legal issues, including acquisition of real estate in Georgia, establishment of local subsidiaries and loan structuring;
- Advised a major Israeli based distribution company in connection with setting up operations in Georgia, acquisition of real estate and employment issues;
- Advised a major Israeli investment company in relation to acquisition of local business, structuring of the transaction, acquisition of real estate, execution of a joint venture agreement with local partners;
- Advised a large Dutch based real estate development company in relation to the acquisition of real estate in Georgia;
- Advised IFC on the pending East West Highway concession project;
- Acted as a special counsel for a major Cyprus based company in connection with mortgage of marine vessels registered in Georgia;
- Advised a large oil company in connection with the negotiation and execution of a HGA with the government of Georgia;
- Advised a large oil company on various legislative and regulatory issues (including environmental regulations);
- Advised one of the largest international Jewish charities regarding its operations in Georgia;
- Participated in drafting and negotiating contractual documentation in a strategic infrastructure development project (Build, Operate and Transfer Contract for Tbilisi International Airport);
- Assisted the Embassies of United Kingdom, France, Israel, the Netherlands and the mission of the World Bank in Georgia in various land and real estate-related transactions, valued up to USD 10 million;
- Represented a major international pharmaceutical company in settling a collective labor dispute, involving approximately USD 5 million material value;
- Advised a major Dutch software company on its entry onto the Georgian market;
- Advised a major Dutch-based company on the implementation of a multi-million investment in the Georgian real estate project, including negotiations with the local self-governance bodies and announcement of competition;
- Advised a major US based software company on various issues related to protection of personal data.
Tamara has received her first legal degree with highest honors from the Department of International Law and International Relations at Tbilisi State University (1999) and is pursuing a Master of Laws degree from New York University School of Law (class of 2020).
Tamara is fluent in English, Russian and German, with basic knowledge of Spanish and French.
The four-partner team at BGI Legal provides a ‘responsive, proactive and solution-oriented service to a wide range of international corporates both directly and on a referral basis from major international law firms; it has built a strong reputation acting for investors and lenders on many of the country s largest projects. The ‘excellent Lasha Gogiberidze has led the team s work in several major energy mandates, including advising an Asian investor on a hydropower project. Gogiberidze is also regularly involved in financing work, including inter-bank lending, regulatory lending (to comply with capital adequacy requirements) and capital markets work, where Unana Gogokhia is also establishing a strong reputation.
Lasha Gogiberidze maintains an excellent reputation for his expertise in capital markets and project finance, handling some of the market's most prominent lending transactions. Clients highlight him as an "open-minded" practitioner who "always comes up with a good solution" and provides advice which is "straight to the point and concise." Zaza Bibilashvili has experience of handling some of the biggest mandates in the market, most recently advising on substantial real estate projects. He is also a noted practitioner in the dispute resolution arena.
Zaza Bibilashvili is a well-known and highly regarded figure in the Georgian legal market. One of the founding partners of the firm, he oversees projects and is a key contact for clients. Lasha Gogiberidze has been called "one of the leading lawyers in Georgia" and "a central person not just in capital markets, but in the legal market in general." Considered an expert in capital markets and project finance work, particularly in the energy sphere, he is highly respected by his peers, who say: "He`s among the top lawyers who shaped the legal market."